How can I protect my children from urethral cancer?

Urethral cancer is not commonly found in children. However, you can still help protect your children from urethral cancer - and other cancers - by keeping them away from cigarette smoke and making sure they are not exposed to radiation. Other ways to possibly help prevent cancer is to make sure your children are physically active and eat healthy diets. If your child seems prone to urinary tract infections or other illnesses that create chronic swelling of the urethra, discuss the possibility of urethral cancer during regular doctor visits.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

Urethral Cancer

A rare disease, urethral cancer can spread quickly throughout the body if not caught early.Affecting women more than men, this cancer causes cells in the lining of the urethra to grow abnormally. The urethra is responsible for car...

rying urine from the bladder to outside our bodies. Although there are three types of urethral cancer, the most common type is squamous cell carcinoma. This type of carcinoma typically develops near the bladder in women. The closer the cancer is to the bladder, the more difficult it is to treat and cure. Urethral cancer is often asymptomatic in the beginning. However, see your doctor right away if you notice blood in your urine, need to urinate often, feel pain when you urinate or have recurrent urinary tract infections.