How common is urethral cancer?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Urethral cancer is not common. More women than men have this rare form of cancer, and it is most often diagnosed in adults over the age of 50. The most common form of urethral cancer, squamous cell carcinoma, is found on the surface lining at the base of the urethra. Of the people diagnosed with urethral cancer each year, 80% of all men have squamous cell carcinoma and 60% of women have this same form of the disease.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

What are the screening tests for uterine cancer?
Uterine cancer develops in the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. The most common symptom...
What is urethral cancer?
Urethral cancer is a type of cancer found in a person's urethra. This is the tube that urine travels...
How do I manage my urethral cancer on a daily basis?
Managing your urethral cancer on a daily basis means paying attention to any changed physical and em...
Should I be worried about urethral cancer?
You should be worried about urethral cancer if you suffer from bladder cancer, recurring urinary tra...