Should I talk to my doctor about my son's undescended testis symptoms?

As your doctor will likely have diagnosed undescended testis at birth, he or she will want to keep an eye on it. Early treatment of undescended testis can prevent or reduce the risk of later complications. If your doctor can feel the testicle through the abdominal wall during an initial examination, it may even be possible to gently coax the testicle into descending by applying pressure, thus avoiding the need for surgery or hormone therapy.

Continue Learning about Undescended Testis

Can undescended testis be prevented?
There is no sure way to prevent undescended testis. The best course of action is to try to limit cer...
Does undescended testis run in families?
Although no clear links have been established, it appears that there is a genetic link to increased ...
How do other illnesses affect undescended testis?
Because undescended testis is a physical condition, it is not affected by other illnesses. In fact, ...
What are the symptoms of undescended testis?
There are no immediate symptoms of undescended testes. Apart from the obvious lack of one or both te...