Should I talk to my doctor about my son's undescended testis symptoms?

As your doctor will likely have diagnosed undescended testis at birth, he or she will want to keep an eye on it. Early treatment of undescended testis can prevent or reduce the risk of later complications. If your doctor can feel the testicle through the abdominal wall during an initial examination, it may even be possible to gently coax the testicle into descending by applying pressure, thus avoiding the need for surgery or hormone therapy.

Continue Learning about Undescended Testis

Undescended Testis

Cryptorchidism, or undescended testis, is a fairly common occurrence in which one or both of the testicles has not moved into the scrotum upon birth. This condition happens in about 4% of baby boys and often corrects itself after ...

a few months. Premature babies have a higher rate of cryptorchidism than full-term pregnancies. Surgery can be used to correct the condition in boys whose testicles have not descended after a few months.