Should I talk to my doctor about my son's undescended testis symptoms?

As your doctor will likely have diagnosed undescended testis at birth, he or she will want to keep an eye on it. Early treatment of undescended testis can prevent or reduce the risk of later complications. If your doctor can feel the testicle through the abdominal wall during an initial examination, it may even be possible to gently coax the testicle into descending by applying pressure, thus avoiding the need for surgery or hormone therapy.

Continue Learning about Undescended Testis

What are the symptoms of undescended testis?
There are no immediate symptoms of undescended testes. Apart from the obvious lack of one or both te...
How is undescended testis diagnosed?
An undescended testis is easily diagnosed by its absence from the scrotum. The doctor will use his f...
Is undescended testis serious?
Although there are no immediate health concerns caused by undescended testis, long-term side effects...
How common is undescended testis in premature babies?
Although uncommon among full-term babies, undescended testis is very common in premature infants. Fu...