How many cases of undescended testis correct themselves?

About half of all cases of undescended testis do not need treatment. This is because the testis or testes eventually descend on their own, correcting the problem themselves. For the remaining cases, if the testicles have not descended by the age of 12 months, surgery or hormone treatment should be used to correct the problem.

Continue Learning about Undescended Testis

What increases my risk for undescended testis?
The greatest risk factors for undescended testis are low birth weight and premature birth. Any facto...
Can undescended testis be prevented?
There is no sure way to prevent undescended testis. The best course of action is to try to limit cer...
How common is undescended testis in premature babies?
Although uncommon among full-term babies, undescended testis is very common in premature infants. Fu...
Should I talk to my doctor about my son's undescended testis symptoms?
As your doctor will likely have diagnosed undescended testis at birth, he or she will want to keep a...