How common is undescended testis in premature babies?

Although uncommon among full-term babies, undescended testis is very common in premature infants. Fully one-third of all boys born premature are born with undescended testis. As with other full-term infants, most of these cases will correct themselves. The condition is not more serious, just more common.

Continue Learning about Undescended Testis

How do I manage my undescended testis on a daily basis?
If you were born with undescended testis, it is important to know the long-term health effects and h...
How common are undescended testicles in male babies?
Grace Hyun, MDGrace Hyun, MD
One of the most common conditions that the pediatric urologist deals with is the undescended tes...
How many cases of undescended testis correct themselves?
About half of all cases of undescended testis do not need treatment. This is because the testis or t...
Is undescended testis serious?
Although there are no immediate health concerns caused by undescended testis, long-term side effects...