What is Transcranial Doppler (TCD)?

Transcranial Doppler (TCD) is a form of ultrasound. You may already be familiar with ultrasound technology because of its wide range of uses in diagnosing medical conditions and in monitoring during pregnancy. Transcranial Doppler is ultrasound that is performed at the base of the brain to assess the risk of stroke.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Ultrasonography

What should I ask my doctor about an intravascular ultrasound?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having intravascular ultrasoun...
What is a testicular ultrasound?
A testicular ultrasound is a safe, painless procedure that uses sound waves to create images project...
What questions should I ask my doctor about Transcranial Doppler (TCD)?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about a transcranial Doppler (TCD) test....
What are the alternate names for carotid ultrasound?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Alternate names for carotid ultrasound are as follows:Doppler ultrasound Carotid duplex ultrasoundTh...