When is a lower extremity venous ultrasound performed?

Rick Sayegh
Rick Sayegh on behalf of MDLIVE
When a deep venous thrombosis is suspected or there is unexplainable edema in the lower extremities.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Ultrasonography

What should I ask my doctor about an intravascular ultrasound?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having intravascular ultrasoun...
Why are ultrasounds performed during pregnancy?
Also known as a sonogram, a pregnancy ultrasound uses short pulses of high-frequency, low-intens...
What is a vascular ultrasound?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
A vascular ultrasound is used to help doctors see blockages in arteries located in the neck and legs...
What is endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) or echo-endoscopy is a medical procedure to examine the lining and the w...