What complications might result from an endoscopic ultrasound?

Due to the sedation, you will not be able to drive yourself home after the procedure and should arrange for someone to pick you up. Complications with EUS procedures are very rare but may include pancreatitis, gastrointestinal bleeding, and adverse reactions to the sedative medication. Infection of a pancreatic cyst after FNA is also possible, and typically antibiotics are given to reduce that risk.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Ultrasonography

What should I ask my doctor about an intravascular ultrasound?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having intravascular ultrasoun...
When is a lower extremity venous ultrasound performed?
Rick SayeghRick Sayegh
When a deep venous thrombosis is suspected or there is unexplainable edema in the lower extremities....
What is Doppler ultrasound?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A Doppler ultrasound test uses high-frequency sound waves to evaluate the flow of blood in your bloo...
What is an intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), like any form of ultrasound, uses sound waves to create images of a...