Should I talk to my doctor about my ulcerative proctitis symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Yes, you should talk to your doctor about your ulcerative proctitis symptoms. Although ulcerative proctitis is not usually serious, the rectal inflammation and bleeding can be painful and unsettling. The topic might be embarrassing to talk about, but it is important to seek treatment. Your doctor can prescribe medication to ease your symptoms. These drugs are not available without a prescription. A diagnosis can also help you rule out other more serious conditions that may have similar symptoms.

Continue Learning about Ulcerative Colitis

Why People with Ulcerative Colitis Need to See a Dermatologist
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis (UC), a typ...
What is the Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis?
How Does Ulcerative Colitis Affect My Body?
What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
What Is Ulcerative Colitis?