Does fulminant colitis affect children differently than adults?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

No, the symptoms of fulminant colitis are the same no matter the age when the illness is acquired. The disease does, however, occur in younger people. People aged 15 to 30 are the most highly impacted group.

Continue Learning about Ulcerative Colitis

Coping with the Mental and Emotional Burden of Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis is a type of irritable bowel disease (IBD). Like other chronic illnesses, ulcerative colitis (UC) can take a toll on a person’s emo...
What is ulcerative colitis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a condition that affects the digestive system, also known as the gut. UC ...
What It's Really Like Living With Ulcerative Colitis
What It's Really Like Living With Ulcerative ColitisWhat It's Really Like Living With Ulcerative ColitisWhat It's Really Like Living With Ulcerative ColitisWhat It's Really Like Living With Ulcerative Colitis
Life with UC has its struggles—and also its triumphs. Here's one patient's story. When I was 14 years old, my family physician demanded the gastroente...
What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
What Is Ulcerative Colitis?