How can I make my walking technique faster and more efficient?

It’s all about rate of progression. Start slow and gradually increase your walking speed over time. Do not try to go too fast initially or you’ll burn yourself out. Set a predetermined distance and every time you walk try to beat your time by 30 seconds to one minute. As you keep challenging yourself, your pace will quicken.

In addition, focus your attention on your walking technique. You want to keep your feet pointing straight ahead. Correct your foot posture if you notice your feet turning out. Lastly, your arm swing should be front-to-back rather than sideways across your chest. A front-to-back arm swing will help propel your body forward.

Continue Learning about Types of Walking