How can I increase my walking pace?

An effective way to increase your pace is to download metronome programs for your IPod that is set to certain pace. You can download programs for various paces for running and walking. By keeping tempo with that metronome pace you can increase your pace to the desired speed you want to walk at. Another method is to set a timer on your stopwatch or watch and continue to increase pace until you walk a set time usually a mile before the timer goes off.

Continue Learning about Types of Walking

Types of Walking

Types of Walking

Know the difference between speed walking, power walking and race walking? By varying your pace or way of walking, you can address different areas of your body and even focus on your mental health. Learn more about different types ...

of walking and their benefits with expert advice from Sharecare.