How can I increase my walking pace?

An effective way to increase your pace is to download metronome programs for your IPod that is set to certain pace. You can download programs for various paces for running and walking. By keeping tempo with that metronome pace you can increase your pace to the desired speed you want to walk at. Another method is to set a timer on your stopwatch or watch and continue to increase pace until you walk a set time usually a mile before the timer goes off.

Continue Learning about Types of Walking

How should I do a mindful walk?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Try a mindful walk two to three times a week, preferably in green space like a park or nature preser...
How can I train for a walking race?
In preparation for a walking race start by gradually increasing mileage and pace until you reach app...
Is walking with tubing around your ankles a flexibility exercise?
Yes, the exercise is called tube walking and it can be used as part of a flexibility program. Since ...
How can I make my walking technique faster and more efficient?
It’s all about rate of progression. Start slow and gradually increase your walking speed over time. ...