What is a workout I can do that takes less than 10 minutes?

JJ Virgin
Health Education
Burst training is my favorite exercise in the world, and it takes just minutes to do. Does your office have a stairwell? Simply burst up the stairs 30-60 seconds, walk down at normal pace for 1-2 minutes, and repeat. Remember the "burst" part should be full-throttle and that you should become breathless when you're done. You can achieve spectacular results in less than 10 minutes with burst training. 
Sarah LoBisco
Integrative Medicine

Here are a few simple, quick exercises that can be done on the spot:

Take a walk up and down the stairs at the office or on your lunch break

• extra credit for sprinting and burst workouts (increasing intensity and slowing down)

Replace your office chair with a core ball and bouncing 10 minutes every hour (you can cheat and put in a closet and pull out in between clients)

• focus on squeezing your core muscles and tightening up from your pelvis to your belly button

If your job is high stress, find some time to shut your door and do some simple yoga stretches:

Stand straight and stretch your arms way up in the air, pretend you are pulling your body in two directions from your core-one line down from your core to your toes another line up from your core to your head.

• take a deep breathe
  • Bend forward and grab your calves to what is comfortable

Repeat

• stand straight and stretch from side to side

Repeat

Watch this video to learn more from Mel Mueller about a great circuit style workout that you can do in less than ten minutes.

There are many workouts you can do in 10 minutes. If you only have 10 minutes to work out and want to maximize your results try performing a circuit training workout. Pick 3-4 for exercises and perform them in a cycle for 10 minutes. An example circuit might be pushups, prisoner squats, crunches, and jumping jacks. Perform each movement for 30 seconds, then rest for a minute and repeat three times. You’ll find in 10 minutes you’ve performed quite the workout.

Try a 3 set 15 rep seated leg press to calf raise (glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves) followed by a torso arm pull down (chest, back, bicep, triceps and abs) and low back machine with a 4-2-4 tempo (low back and abs)

Dr. Oz and Joel Harper demonstrate a yoga-based workout that just takes seven minutes a day. Watch how easy the workout can be to do in this video.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Transform Your Body in Three Easy Moves
Transform Your Body in Three Easy Moves
One of the hardest things about exercise isn’t that it’s hard, or that it makes you sweaty. It’s that it’s so difficult to know whether you’re making ...
Lunges hurt my knees, are there different exercises I can use?
Deb Froehlich , NASM Elite TrainerDeb Froehlich , NASM Elite Trainer
If lunges hurt your knees, chances are you may be bending at your knees first which drives your knee...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you.
What's a Workout I Can Do in Less Than 10 Minutes?