Will balance training help me improve my athletic performance?

Absolutely! Most athletic endeavors demand some sort of balancing act, I mean walking is a balancing act if you think about it. Now image running, making quick changes in direction, spinning, diving, jumping, hopping, and everything in between. Having great balance an make the difference in making that lay up, taking an extra shove from a DB, or spinning in a discus throw/ hammer throw (that one was for me.)
Yes, balance training can help to improve athletic performance.  Research has demonstrated improved muscle reaction times, sprint times, and leg strength after incorporating balance training into an exercise routine.  Improved muscle reaction, sprinting ability, and strength are all desirable outcomes that can lead to enhanced athletic performance by allowing an individual to respond more quickly and with more speed during a sports activity.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.