Will balance training help me improve my athletic performance?

Yes, balance training can help to improve athletic performance.  Research has demonstrated improved muscle reaction times, sprint times, and leg strength after incorporating balance training into an exercise routine.  Improved muscle reaction, sprinting ability, and strength are all desirable outcomes that can lead to enhanced athletic performance by allowing an individual to respond more quickly and with more speed during a sports activity.
Absolutely! Most athletic endeavors demand some sort of balancing act, I mean walking is a balancing act if you think about it. Now image running, making quick changes in direction, spinning, diving, jumping, hopping, and everything in between. Having great balance an make the difference in making that lay up, taking an extra shove from a DB, or spinning in a discus throw/ hammer throw (that one was for me.)

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Transform Your Body in Three Easy Moves
Transform Your Body in Three Easy Moves
One of the hardest things about exercise isn’t that it’s hard, or that it makes you sweaty. It’s that it’s so difficult to know whether you’re making ...
How can I find out if I have a good sense of balance?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
In a safe place, engage your core and stand on one foot. When you are steady, carefully close your e...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you.
How to Do a Proper Squat
How to Do a Proper Squat