What is the proper way to perform the hamstring curl exercise?

The hamstring curl exercise can be performed with many different types of machines. Some machines require you to stand, while other machines are constructed so you are in a seated position or lying face down. However, the basic principle of the exercise never changes. First, make sure you are properly positioned in the hamstring curl machine. Ask a local fitness professional if you need help adjusting the machine to fit your body type. Next, make sure your feet are pointing straight ahead. It is important to avoid letting your feet turn outward because this position can create unwanted stress on your knees. To perform the exercise, bring your heels towards your glutes in a controlled fashion. During this motion, do not let your low back arch; only your lower legs should be moving. Once at the top position, hold for a few seconds and slowly return to the starting position.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Cross-Training for Runners and Walkers
It’s no secret—runners love to run. Got an extra 15 minutes? To a runner, that’s enough time to lace up and grab a mile or more. And while running or ...
Wendy Batts - Static Inside Thigh Stretch
Work Out to Manage Stress and ADHD
Work Out to Manage Stress and ADHD
How Do I Perform an Overhead Squat?
How Do I Perform an Overhead Squat?