What should I do if my legs start shaking while doing barre exercises?

If your legs start shaking during exercise immediately stop and take a break for 30 to 60 seconds. Next, try the exercise again and focus on consciously contracting muscle of your core such as your butt and abdominals by drawing in your belly button towards your spine. Your body may simply be unfamiliar with this type of exercise and is trying to get used to it. If the shaking continues stop the exercise and consult your physician to make sure that nothing serious is behind the shaking.

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Embrace the shakes! We call these barre3 earthquakes. It is a sign you are working deep and changing your body. Try and stick with it, and of course, take a break when you need it.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs