What should I do if my legs start shaking while doing barre exercises?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Embrace the shakes! We call these barre3 earthquakes. It is a sign you are working deep and changing your body. Try and stick with it, and of course, take a break when you need it.

If your legs start shaking during exercise immediately stop and take a break for 30 to 60 seconds. Next, try the exercise again and focus on consciously contracting muscle of your core such as your butt and abdominals by drawing in your belly button towards your spine. Your body may simply be unfamiliar with this type of exercise and is trying to get used to it. If the shaking continues stop the exercise and consult your physician to make sure that nothing serious is behind the shaking.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Winter Fitness Alternative for Walkers and Runners
Is winter weather disrupting your walking or running routine? Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. Both offer all-body and aerobic workouts with m...
How do I train to get stronger?
Julie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RDJulie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RD
There are a few ways you can train to get stronger. First, you can increase the number of repetition...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you. The best gym in the world? You're living in it. By using your own body weight to complete a str...
Learn the 60 Second Workout
Learn the 60 Second Workout