What is hypertrophy?

Hypertrophy refers to the enlargement of skeletal muscle in response to increased amounts of time under tension.  Most research suggests performing anywhere from 2-4 exercises per body part, 3-5 sets per exercise, and 6-12 repetitions per set at moderate speeds to enhance muscle hypertrophy with your resistance training workouts. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The 5-Part Workout You Can Do Anytime, Anywhere
For the ultimate excuse-busting exercise routine, try this easy, no-shower-no-change-of-clothes workout, courtesy of Good Housekeeping's Drop 5 Pounds...
How can I avoid pain in my shoulders when I lift weights?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
To avoid pain in your shoulders when you lift weights, stop at 90 degrees or at shoulder height. You...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you.
Work Out to Manage Stress and ADHD
Work Out to Manage Stress and ADHD