What is a good stretch for the side of my hip?

A good stretch for the side of the hip is as follows:

• Lie on your back, then flex hip and knee, pulling towards opposite shoulder.
  • Hold this stretch for a minimum of 30 seconds.
  • Repeat on opposite side.
Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Almost all of my clients have success with Reclined Figure Four. In Reclined Figure Four you start on your back, with knees bent and feet on floor. Place one foot on top of your opposite knee, keeping the ankle flexed. Draw your legs in towards your chest, stretching the piriformis muscle which runs from the sacrum to outer top thigh. You can hold onto your pant leg, or wrap your hands behind the bent knee (one arm between the legs). Try to keep your spine on the floor and hips level.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs