What are some full-body barre exercises I can do at home?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Here’s one to do that is like Warrior 3: Fold over at a sturdy counter like your kitchen island with hands resting on top and your feet under your hips. Lift your right leg up toward hip height without arching your back. Try lifting your left arm slightly up. If you can do this lift your right arm as well and balance. Stay here for 5 breathes and then switch sides. Repeat 3 times.

A good example of a fully body barre exercise you can do is a grande plié. Hold on to a counter top or some other sturdy waist high or slightly higher. Turn your feet out so that the toes are as close to 180 degrees away from each other as possible. Hold on to the counter and slowly descend into a squat while holding your heels together. Squat down into a full squat and then slowly return to the starting position.

Another exercise is the standing pretzel. Hold on to a counter or a chair and lift your right leg up, bend you your knee 90 degrees and extend your leg slightly behind you and out to the side. Hold this position and make slight circles clockwise and counterclockwise for a total of 32 repetitions, then repeat on the other side.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Winter Fitness Alternative for Walkers and Runners
Is winter weather disrupting your walking or running routine? Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. Both offer all-body and aerobic workouts with m...
What is a good exercise to improve hand quickness?
Many, if not all, hand-reaction drills stem from the torso's ability to generate force that extends ...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you. The best gym in the world? You're living in it. By using your own body weight to complete a str...
How Can I Exercise If I Have a Knee Injury?