What can I do at home to improve my balance?

Try these exercises at home to improve your balance.

[media id="DEV__4c7e78a75b6d54_69270984" title="Single Leg Balance"]

[media id="DEV__4c7e7979db5a83_82087180" title="Single Leg Balance Reach to the Side"]

[media id="DEV__4c823e4737ed82_74280317" title="Single Leg Balance Hip Flexion/Extension"]

Balance on one foot or on your toes. This is great to do when you are on the phone or waiting for something. Be sure and watch the video for tips. 
ONE LEGGED BALANCE-Bring your feet together, slowly come onto your toes, stand ballerina straight and hold for 30 seconds. Make sure you have a sturdy chair for support. When this becomes easy look left, then right, then center, then up and then down. Hold each for 2 deep inhales. When that becomes easy balance on your toes with your eyes closed.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.