I strained my groin playing basketball; what can I do to recover?

Immediately following the strain, make sure you use ice on the injury 2-3 times per day for 20 minutes. In between ice sessions, you can gently increase your flexibility using two different techniques. First, you can foam roll your inner thigh. Hold each tender spot for about 20 seconds. Then, you can gently stretch the inner thigh muscle. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Cross-Training for Runners and Walkers
It’s no secret—runners love to run. Got an extra 15 minutes? To a runner, that’s enough time to lace up and grab a mile or more. And while running or ...
How do I do neck flexion exercises?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
To begin forward neck flexion, let your head come slowly and gently downward with your chin tuck...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you. The best gym in the world? You're living in it. By using your own body weight to complete a str...
Learn the 60 Second Workout
Learn the 60 Second Workout