In what order should I work my muscles when strength training?

When strength training it is best for you to focus on large muscle groups and multi joint exercises and then progress to smaller muscle groups and single joint movements. For example, if you want to strengthen your legs it would be better to start a movement like squats or Deadlift before performing a movement like a leg extension or leg curl. Movements like squats, Deadlifts, pull ups, push ups, are all examples of complex large muscle group multi joint movements. Movements like these mimic natural movement and are how the human body moves and training by working these movements will give you better results with less risk of injury. Movements like biceps curls, triceps extensions, and leg extensions are known as “isolation” movements and do not mimic natural movement and are best done when a specific muscle is weak or for body builders looking to maximize the size of a specific area. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

How Do I Perform a Single Leg Cable Row with 2-Arms?
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Treadmill Talks: Should You do Aerobic and Strength Exercises on the Same Day?