Should I rest between plyometric exercises?

A study to assess the effects of exercise-induced muscle damage found that both subjective soreness and biomarkers for muscle damage were significantly elevated for at least 72 hours following plyometric exercise. Likewise, the ability of the affected muscles to generate power was reduced during the same period, and there was a statistically significant reduction in athletic performance.

Lack of progress is sometimes due to overtraining, and this study seems to support designing a program that gives you at least three days between specific body-part workouts.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs