How many repetitions should I use if I am working on muscle endurance?

Twelve to 25 repetitions should be used in order to accomplish the adaptation of muscular endurance. Muscular endurance can be accomplished by producing low levels of force for prolonged periods of time. If your goal is muscular endurance, not only should your repetitions increase, but your intensity levels should consequently decrease. In the example listed above, an intensity level of 50 to 70% of your one repetition max should be used in order to accomplish the result of increased muscular endurance.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Want to Lose Weight? Try Interval Training Workouts
Does a busy schedule mean less time to exercise? We agree with John Wooden, the legendary coach of UCLA’s basketball team, who said: "Don't let what y...
How hard should I be working when I do my cardiorespiratory exercise?
The difficulty of your cardiorespiratory program really depends on what goal you are trying to achie...
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
Try these quick and simple exercises to help you stay in shape while sitting in the office. The office life leaves many sitting at their desk all day...
3 Tips to Breeze Through Your Workout
3 Tips to Breeze Through Your Workout