How do I perform a single leg balance with assistance?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed shoulder-width apart. Lift your chest and tuck-in your chin. Lightly hold onto a stable object with just enough pressure to maintain your balance. Draw-in your navel and contract your glutes. Lift one leg directly beside the balance leg. Maintain optimal alignment including keeping your hips and shoulders level. Hold the balance position.

You can perform a single leg balance with assistance simply by standing next to something stable that you can hold on to with one hand. Then engage the abs, lift your chest, look straight ahead and lastly lift one leg up. Hold 15-20 seconds, then repeat with the other leg.

You can progress this exercise by not only letting go of what ever you were holding on to, but... you can add movement. Start with arm movements that are close to the body and then to increase the balance challenge...take movements further away from the body.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

How Interval Training Can Lower Your RealAge
In his memoir Dream Weaver, musician Gary Wright describes how as a youth in New Jersey, he was taught to swim by Olympic gold medal swimmer and Tarza...
How do I perform a floor crunch?
Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet placed flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Plac...
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
Try these quick and simple exercises to help you stay in shape while sitting in the office. The office life leaves many sitting at their desk all day...
What Is a Workout I Can Do That Takes Less Than 10 Minutes?