Do I need any equipment to perform stretching exercises?

No. Equipment for stretching is optional. However, if you are attempting to stretch on a surface other than carpet, a padded mat will help alleviate the pressure on the joints that are touching the ground. For many upper body stretches, everyday items such a doorway or wall can serve as an immoveable object to apply very light force against, thereby eliciting a stretch.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

How Interval Training Can Lower Your RealAge
In his memoir Dream Weaver, musician Gary Wright describes how as a youth in New Jersey, he was taught to swim by Olympic gold medal swimmer and Tarza...
What types of exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Meeting the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) guidelines for exercise is an important step ...
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Hawaii’s year-round sunshine makes it the perfect climate to play in the sun while burning calories. One of the benefits to living in the tropics is c...
Fartlek: Funny Name, Serious Workout
Fartlek: Funny Name, Serious Workout