What are some ways to incorporate balance training into my workout?

A great way to incorporate balance into your routine is to complete some balance training in-between exercises.  An excellent and easy balance exercise is to balance on one leg.  While balancing, extend the leg that is elevated forward, to the side, and diagonally backwards.  If you are able to do this with ease then good for you, your balance may be better than you realized!  However, if this is challenging then keep working on it until you feel your balance start to increase.

Balance is very important, especially as we age.  As we age our center of gravity will decrease so finding ways to improve our balance is going to be very beneficial.

Try using a balance board or Bosu ball under one or both feet while performing upper body exercises.  Another option is to roll up a towel and use that instead.  The point is to put the body on a slightly uneven surface to train the mind and muscles to stabilize while doing biceps curls, lateral raises or any upper body movement.  You will notice that maintaining balance while moving both arms simultaneously is easier than trying to compensate while moving one arm at a time.   Start balance training with easy exercises and gradually increase the challenge.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Joel Harper's Excuse Busting Workout
Joel Harper's Excuse Busting Workout
3 Exercises for Better Pain Relief
3 Exercises for Better Pain Relief
What's a Workout I Can Do in Less Than 10 Minutes?
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row