As a basketball player, how can I increase my upper body power?

Power exercises are those exercises that can be performed at fast, explosive tempos usually with a relatively light load.  This allows you to be able to generate force quickly, which is ultimately the definition of power. An example of a good upper body power exercise is a soccer throw with a medicine ball. To perform this exercise, raise a medicine ball overhead with your arms completely straight. Then step forward with one foot and with your stomach pulled in, throw the medicine ball quickly against a wall or the ground. Recover and repeat. When power training, perform 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions of each exercise twice a week. It will be important to note that before you perform upper body power exercises, you'll want to develop good stability through the shoulders and core complex as well as good upper body strength. Once this has been developed, you will be ready to perform power exercises.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.