How can I make my shoulders bigger?

There are many ways and exercise programs that can help make your shoulders bigger. But generally speaking, performing three to six sets of 6-12 repetitions at 70-85% of your one repetition max (intensity) during resistance training exercises should do the trick. When muscles get bigger, there is an enlargement of skeletal muscle fibers in response to overcoming force from high volumes of tension. This is termed hypertrophy and can best be accomplished by implementing the above acute variables combined with exercises for your shoulder such as overhead presses and lateral raises. Although hypertrophy is not visible for approximately four to eight weeks into training, the process begins early on in the program. When training for hypertrophy, it is important for you to recruit as many muscle fibers as possible and also have a solid foundation from which you are moving. This can be accomplished by first performing stabilization (muscular endurance) training in your program prior to implementing strength parameters. In stabilization training, you perform more repetitions (12 to 25) at a low to moderate intensity level (50 - 70%). As with any strength training program, be sure to incorporate appropriate stretching for tight muscles to ensure proper flexibility and joint range of motion before and after each workout.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Summer Workout Routines to Lose Weight and Have Fun
Giving in to summer fun can keep you motivated and on track with exercise -- key for losing weight, reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes, ...
How do I perform a ball all fours alternating leg raise?
Position your body on all fours on top of a stability ball, with the middle of the ball placed direc...
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
Try these quick and simple exercises to help you stay in shape while sitting in the office. The office life leaves many sitting at their desk all day...
John Blievernicht - Keeping it simple
John Blievernicht - Keeping it simple