How can I make my intervals more challenging?

Making your intervals more challenging is always fun!  Be sure you are ready to push yourself as intervals should be a challenge to being with and if not start simple by extending a couple reps to truly get a push.  You should also consider super-setting back to back exercise with the same muscle group.  For cardio-intervals you should extend the duration of the interval.

There are many ways you can make your interval training more challenging for yourself.  No matter what you are doing it for either for cardio or weight training.  Now with cardio you can make your high intensity bout a little bit longer or at a high pace.  Now with weight training you can make it where you are super setting the same muscle groups back to back. 
Dr. Mike Clark, DPT
Fitness
You can really make your intervals challenging by super-setting 2 exercises for the same body part.  For example you could perform a Dumbbell Incline Chest Press followed immediately by push-ups. Then, repeat for the entire body.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.