How can I make my barre classes more challenging if they're too easy?

If your classes are becoming too easy, try adding more intensity to your exercises. You can add intensity to your workouts by increasing the resistance or weight, tempo or speed, or decreasing your rest period between exercises. Start by just altering one, and as the exercise becomes easy again, alter another variable.

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Start to shift your focus from big movement to small mindful movement. Focus on working deeper, smaller, and on the meditative benefits of connecting movement to your breath. There is always a way to challenge yourself. And remember, you don’t have to feel the burn or feel exhausted. Sometimes not feeling the work means you are in balance, and that's a good thing!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.