How can I make my barre classes more challenging if they're too easy?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Start to shift your focus from big movement to small mindful movement. Focus on working deeper, smaller, and on the meditative benefits of connecting movement to your breath. There is always a way to challenge yourself. And remember, you don’t have to feel the burn or feel exhausted. Sometimes not feeling the work means you are in balance, and that's a good thing!

If your classes are becoming too easy, try adding more intensity to your exercises. You can add intensity to your workouts by increasing the resistance or weight, tempo or speed, or decreasing your rest period between exercises. Start by just altering one, and as the exercise becomes easy again, alter another variable.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The 5-Part Workout You Can Do Anytime, Anywhere
For the ultimate excuse-busting exercise routine, try this easy, no-shower-no-change-of-clothes workout, courtesy of Good Housekeeping's Drop 5 Pounds...
I am tired of doing bench presses for my chest, what else can I do?
Other exercises you can incorporate to replace a bench press include: dumbbell chest press on a stab...
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Hawaii’s year-round sunshine makes it the perfect climate to play in the sun while burning calories. One of the benefits to living in the tropics is c...
YOU: On a Diet Intermediate Workout
YOU: On a Diet Intermediate Workout