What is a great exercise to strengthen my chest muscles?

A great exercise to stregthen your chest muscles as well as the core is the stagger stance cable chest press: alternate-arm.  Perform this exercise by following the technique described below. Stand in front of a cable machine with your back to the weight stack, feet straight and in a staggered stance while keeping the back leg straight and front leg bent.  Hold a cable in each hand at chest level with palms facing down toward the floor, elbows bent and slightly below shoulder level.  Next, press both cables forward, fully straightening the arms without jutting the head forward.  Return one cable to the start position and then press it forward again; repeat the same sequence with the other arm.  Perform the desired number of repetitions based on your program goals and fitness level.  This exercise can also be performed with tubing if cables are unavailable.  An alternative exercise for the chest that will provide a similar effect is the dumbbell chest press: alternate-arm.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Dr. Oz: Morning Workout
Dr. Oz: Morning Workout
How Do I Perform a Stagger Stance Shoulder Press with Alternating Arms?
What's a Workout I Can Do in Less Than 10 Minutes?
Transform YOU: Neck Stretch
Transform YOU: Neck Stretch