What daily exercise plan ensures the movement of all my body parts?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Incorporate movement into your day. Wake up 10 minutes early so you can stretch. I like the yoga "sun salutation." Start by standing with your feet together and your hands at your sides. Reach up toward the sky, gaze upward, and lean back a little as you inhale, then lean forward exhaling and place your hands on the ground in front of you. Jump or step your feet back behind you, keeping your hands on the floor. On an inhalation drop your hips, arch your back and look upward. Then exhale and push your hips upward. Relax your neck and shoulders. Hold this position for a few breaths. Finally, look forward and step or jump your feet back to standing position.

Repeat this cycle three times to get all your muscles warmed up, but you can use any series of stretches you prefer. Remember to create movement in all directions - up, down, side to side. And, be sure to get the upper and lower parts of your body. Your muscles are all connected to each other, so tight hamstrings can result in a stiff back and twisting your ankle can end up affecting your hip. Try not to hold your breath at any point. Do this every morning for the rest of the week.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs