Is there any exercise I can perform for the muscles in my neck?

Shirley M. Madhere, MD
Plastic Surgery
There are lots of facial and neck exercises you can perform to tighten up the muscles in the face and neck. In this video, plastic surgeon Shirley Madhere, MD, demonstrates an exercise you can perform daily to tone up the neck muscles.

A chin tuck exercise can strengthen the small muscles in your neck that typically become weak. When these muscles get weak, your head can migrate forward and out of alignment; particularly if you sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time. To perform the chin tuck exercise, sit up tall on a chair with your shoulders back and navel drawn-in. Next, retract your chin and head straight back until your ears are directly over your shoulders. Imagine you're trying to create a double chin. It is a small movement and your head should remain level the whole time. Do not lift your chin as if you're trying to look up. Perform 8-12 repetitions with a slow tempo.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.