What exercise will increase endurance for my chest?

Really, any chest exercise can help build endurance in your chest muscles. To increase endurance, you simply have to tweak a few variables in your program. Because muscular endurance is defined as the ability of the body to produce low levels of force for prolonged periods of time, you will simply need to perform less sets (1 to 3) of more repetitions (12 - 25). Additionally, these exercises should be performed at 50 - 70% of your one repetition maximum with a rest interval up to 90 seconds. Great chest exercises include: push-ups, dumbbell chest press, barbell chest press and variations in angles of working your chest such as incline and decline chest press.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Try This 10-Minute Low-Impact Workout
Try This 10-Minute Low-Impact Workout
Medically reviewed in September 2020.
What is kuku?
Movement is an important part of getting and staying healthy. Watch as Dr. Oz gets moving and le...
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
Try these quick and simple exercises to help you stay in shape while sitting in the office. The office life leaves many sitting at their desk all day...
How Do I Perform a Ball All Fours Opposite Arm/Opposite Leg Raise?