Should I continue to perform leg lifts even though they hurt my back?

Brian Yee
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
No. Leg lifts can put extraneous load through your low back. Especially when it causes pain. Depending on your pain levels, there are modified ways to stabilize your legs and core without putting so much torque through your body.
Absolutely not!! Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Stop performing these exercises and Find a Sharecare Professional to help!

No! Anytime you feel pain during an exercise you should stop performing that exercise and check with a fitness professional as to what you may be doing wrong. If modifying the exercise does not help, seek a medical professional because there may be an underlying cause to your pain. Minor soreness can be expected when starting a fitness program; however, back pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs