Should I continue to perform leg lifts even though they hurt my back?

No! Anytime you feel pain during an exercise you should stop performing that exercise and check with a fitness professional as to what you may be doing wrong. If modifying the exercise does not help, seek a medical professional because there may be an underlying cause to your pain. Minor soreness can be expected when starting a fitness program; however, back pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong.

Absolutely not!! Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Stop performing these exercises and Find a Sharecare Professional to help!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Is Salsa Dancing a Good Workout?
Is Salsa Dancing a Good Workout?
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Neck Stretch
Transform YOU: Neck Stretch
4 Ways to Avoid Workout Injuries and Burn More Calories