Can I drink coffee before doing barre class?

Caffeine, found in coffee acts as a stimulant before training. It has been shown to have a positive effect on the performance of endurance athletes and positive effects on short term exercise. However, for shorter term exercise, the results were primarily seen in elite athletes that did not regularly ingest caffeine.

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Notice if you feel dehydrated or shaky during class after drinking coffee. If you do, I recommend drinking water instead and save your coffee for after. Who knows, you might feel energized naturally and choose to skip coffee all together!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.