Can I develop my inner chest muscles?

Unfortunately, there is no such muscle as an inner chest muscle, and based on muscle physiology as we currently understand it, it is impossible to only contract certain portions of a muscle and not others.  Therefore, when performing resistance exercises for the chest muscles  (known as the pectorals, or pecs for short), the entire chest muscle has to contract from one end to the other end.  So, while it is not possible to only train and focus on the inner chest, it is possible to enhance the strength and appearance of the entire chest muscle (which undoubtedly will affect and stimulate the inner portions) by incorporating a variety of different exercises into your workout routine.  Examples of common resistance exercises for the chest include the standing cable chest press, barbell bench press, and ball dumbbell chest press.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.