One of the key ingredients to building muscles is placing enough tension on them to force them to grow bigger and stronger. Many people don't realize that isometric training causes the muscles to produce a significant amount of tension.So, if you have never incorporated isometric training into your strength training routine, then yes, you can experience some muscle gain because it is a new stimulus to which your body will try to adapt; however, incorporating a variety of strength training styles over time is most ideal to build muscle.
- Q What is a repetition?
- Q How can I find out if I have a good sense of balance?
- Q What types of exercise will help me build long, lean muscle?
- Q How can I get rid of the tension in my hips?
- Q Does exercise turn fat into muscle?
- Q How should I exercise my neck to correct forward-head posture?