One of the key ingredients to building muscles is placing enough tension on them to force them to grow bigger and stronger. Many people don't realize that isometric training causes the muscles to produce a significant amount of tension.So, if you have never incorporated isometric training into your strength training routine, then yes, you can experience some muscle gain because it is a new stimulus to which your body will try to adapt; however, incorporating a variety of strength training styles over time is most ideal to build muscle.
- Q When doing lat pull-downs, should the bar go in front of or behind my head?
- Q How can I burn more fat during my workout?
- Q Does vigorous exercise have any benefits?
- Q Is P90X safe for someone who’s new to exercise?
- Q How do I perform a squat, curl to press with 2-arms?
- Q What exercises can I do if I have a hip or knee injury?