What are the benefits of performing metabolic training?

Some of the benefits of metabolic training include, but are not limited to, weight and body fat loss, improved cardiorespiratory fitness and endurance, and increased workout efficiency. Because metabolic training usually consists of alternating between different exercises for different body parts, it is easier to maintain a high intensity effort for a much longer duration and with minimal rest. This results in the calorie burning benefits of intense resistance training or sprinting, improved fitness of the entire cardiorespiratory system, and getting more work done in less time, making workouts more time efficient.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The 5-Part Workout You Can Do Anytime, Anywhere
For the ultimate excuse-busting exercise routine, try this easy, no-shower-no-change-of-clothes workout, courtesy of Good Housekeeping's Drop 5 Pounds...
What exercises can I do if I have a hip or knee injury?
Scott D. Martin, MDScott D. Martin, MD
If you like to exercise regularly but need to give your hip or knee a rest while an injury heals...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you.
What to Eat Before Exercise
What to Eat Before Exercise