Can I go above my fat burning zone if I find it too easy?

Go right ahead. You will burn more calories and total fat per unit of time. The fat burning zone comes from sport training. If you are an endurance athlete that has to be able to keep running or cycling for several hours, it is important that you not adopt a pace that is too intense. Doing so will cause you to burn through your body’s carbohydrate stores too quickly. This is what runners call "hitting the wall" or "bonking." No one ever runs out of stored fat, but with a lack of glucose in the body, you cannot use that fat, and movement comes to a screeching, staggering halt. Cardio done for weight loss is different. You want to work out at a level that lets you burn a significant number of calories for a useful period of time. Workout too hard and you can not do the exercise long enough to make a difference. Too low of an intensity and you will have to go a lot longer to make the calories add up. Ultimately, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn, or you will never lose fat.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.