Is working a couple different body parts each day a good workout routine?

David Buer
Fitness
It depends on what your fitness goals are and the amount of time you have to work out. Splitting up your routine can give each body part time to recover and build muscle. But if you can only work out once or twice a week, and you’re only working a couple of body parts each session, it doesn’t make sense, you’re not likely to get the results you want. A total body workout might be a better choice if your days are limited. Your routine needs to vary based on what your goals are.

"Yes. Working a couple of body parts per day can help you achieve your fitness goals in a couple of ways. First, it is very time efficient. Second, you can turn up the intensity in certain areas to get your body to change. Third, by rotating which body parts you are working out, you can take advantage of longer recovery time for each body part to make sure your body is ready for the next workout. Split-routines tend to be used by bodybuilders because they allow for shorter training sessions and help with compliance. There is no research that indicates that any one type of split-routine is better than another, and it is recommended that you use a variety of splits to keep the body guessing. Ultimately, all training is cumulative. This means that you can perform 12 sets of bench press in one day, or you can perform 12 sets of bench press in one week and still have performed 12 total sets in that one week. The difference could be in the amount of work done and the frequency of stimulation. "

Yes working out a couple of body parts each day is great.  Change is always good for the body.  Our body loves to adapt to our workouts quickly so changing your workouts each day is one way to challenge the body and not hit that plateau.  Depending on how many days per week you workout will depend on what muscle groups you can work on for that day.  For example of workouts are Chest and Tri's, Back and Bi's and Legs and Shoulders.  However you can mix it up any way you want.  I suggest changing it up weekly and have lots of variety so you don't get bored and adapt. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a standing biceps curl?
Before you start, warm up your muscles with 5 to 10 minutes of brisk walking, slow jogging or gentle...
How do I perform a bench back iso-extension with a cobra?
Lie face down on a back extension bench. Extend your legs and place your feet shoulder-width apa...
When During My Workout Would I Use a Foam Roller?