Will a routine help me to exercise?

Routines are a great way to start a exercise program.  As for many people who just come into the gym without a plan and just do what they know.  Having something structured and planned out will help you be more organized in your workouts and also be able to see your progress through the weeks.

Yes, a prescheduled workout in your daily planner will take the guesswork out of when you are going to workout. When you take the guesswork out of a haphazard exercise schedule it becomes an exercise regime. If you wake up and say, “I should workout today”, you might. If it’s a part of your daily routine, in your daily planner, then the should, becomes a must, and you will workout.  It is a simple decision, you must workout!  Work, laundry, food shopping, workout, visit Aunt Betty, get my oil changed…It is a just like everything else you must do during your day, so get it done!

Enjoy!

It can be helpful to have a workout routine (plan) so that you have a sense of what you are going to do for a workout. People who are new to exercise walk into a gym and feel overwhelmed and confused without guidance and direction. A routine or plan helps diminish those feelings and can also provide you with a sense of control.

It can also be helpful to have workouts that are routinely scheduled and put into your calendar just like all other appointments. This will help you fit workouts into your day so that you are not scrambling to fit them in.

Having a routine does not mean you have to do the same thing everyday at the same time. It just means that you have a plan and are moving consistently toward your goals.

Judith Beck, PhD
Psychiatry
Many people are able to exercise more consistently when they do schedule exercise on a regular basis—and when they make these times sacrosanct, i.e., exercise takes priority over almost anything else. Other people, whose schedules are more erratic, may not be able to exercise on precisely the same days and times each week. The important mindset is, “I have to schedule my week around exercise, not vice versa.”

Routines are well, routine. They help you form predictable patterns of behavior. This, in turn, can help you stick with an exercise routine because it provides structure, familiarity, and safety. Just like brushing your teeth - when an action becomes less conscious and more instinctual- it puts less emphasis on the action and more focus on the outcome. After all, if you want healthy teeth you know it comes from brushing twice a day. If you want a healthy body, you need at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.