Why do I sweat so much when I exercise?

People tend to sweat at different rates, so it may seem that you sweat more than your neighbor. This can be an absolutely normal thing. Sweating is your body’s natural way of cooling off. When you exercise, you raise your core temperature and your body starts to sweat to cool off. You may notice that you sweat more if the room temperature is higher in the gym on certain days. Certain types of exercise (cardio more so than weight training, for example) can increase your core body temperature more than others. Exercising in a humid environment may make you feel like you’re sweating more -- since the air is more saturated with moisture,  the sweat on your skin won’t leave as rapidly. If you notice that you tend to sweat a lot in your workouts, you may be at a higher risk for dehydration. Regardless of your sweat rate, it is important to maintain good hydration before, during and after a workout.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.