Why do I need to keep changing my exercise program?

If you perform the same exercise routine every day (do the same resistance training program or the same cardio workout), your body will stop changing. Specifically, this is the principle of Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand (SAID). Yes, it is a harsh reality. Let's say you decide to walk every day for thirty minutes. After about four weeks, you will have to increase your speed or your distance to get better results than you did just a few weeks previously. This is commonly known as a plateau; your body adapts and learns to conserve energy. That's why you have to shake things up if you want to keep seeing results.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.