Why is it important to do active range of motion (ROM) exercises?

Having a full and complete range of motion is vital to the health of your musculoskeletal system. Active range of motion exercises are a type of stretching that can help increase the available range of motion of all muscles that surround a joint. When combined with static stretching and self myofascial release, active stretching can help you to achieve a full range of motion which decreases the risk of injury and maximized movement efficiency.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What are three exercises that will help transform your body?
Mel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness ExpertMel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness Expert
What is linear periodization?
Linear periodization refers to the process of performing one type or style of exercise training for ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?