Why is it hard to get through an exercise class when I used to be fit?

If you haven’t been engaging in regular physical activity recently your fitness level can go down. If you have recently had a decline in fitness levels don’t worry though studies show that it’s easier to regain previous fitness levels than it was to get in shape to begin with. If you’re not as fit as you used to be stick with it and your fitness levels will quickly get back to where they used to be.
Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Comparing now to “how things used to be” is a trap so many of us fall into, including me! I recently went to a yoga retreat and got injured at the very beginning of the retreat. I spent days wishing I was my 20-something self again who could bounce back quickly. It wasn’t until I accepted my current state and let go of being attached to what was that I discovered a deeper level of awareness in my yoga practice (not to mention an appreciation for the injured!). For me it was a lesson in being present and accepting the journey versus any expectation of the outcome. I encourage you to think this same way. And, muscles have memory! Keep it up. You will bounce back in time. Take it moment by moment.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.