Why is it hard to get through an exercise class when I used to be fit?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Comparing now to “how things used to be” is a trap so many of us fall into, including me! I recently went to a yoga retreat and got injured at the very beginning of the retreat. I spent days wishing I was my 20-something self again who could bounce back quickly. It wasn’t until I accepted my current state and let go of being attached to what was that I discovered a deeper level of awareness in my yoga practice (not to mention an appreciation for the injured!). For me it was a lesson in being present and accepting the journey versus any expectation of the outcome. I encourage you to think this same way. And, muscles have memory! Keep it up. You will bounce back in time. Take it moment by moment.
If you haven’t been engaging in regular physical activity recently your fitness level can go down. If you have recently had a decline in fitness levels don’t worry though studies show that it’s easier to regain previous fitness levels than it was to get in shape to begin with. If you’re not as fit as you used to be stick with it and your fitness levels will quickly get back to where they used to be.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a ball lying external rotation?
Lie on your stomach on top of a stability ball with your legs extended and toes on the ground.  draw...
How do I perform a single leg squat with cable assistance?
Stand on one leg with foot pointed straight ahead and our knee slightly bent. Hold one cable in ...
What Triggered the Use of Vigorous Exercise to Treat Parkinson's Disease?