If you exercise three times a week for about 45 minutes each, you can reap the same emotional benefits as someone taking an antidepressant, researchers say. Walking, gardening, doing housework, and bicycling each release a lot of endorphins, or calming, mood-boosting hormones. So does laughter, looking at art and thinking positive thoughts.
- Q How does exercise burn fat?
- Q Why do my ears feel like they want to pop during exercise?
- Q Does altitude affect my fitness program?
- Q What can cause periods of exhaustion during physical exertion?
- Q Why do my feet go numb while using an exercise bike?
- Q What’s the best time to do my workout?