If you exercise three times a week for about 45 minutes each, you can reap the same emotional benefits as someone taking an antidepressant, researchers say. Walking, gardening, doing housework, and bicycling each release a lot of endorphins, or calming, mood-boosting hormones. So does laughter, looking at art and thinking positive thoughts.
- Q How can I stay safe when exercising outdoors if I have diabetes?
- Q How can strength training benefit me?
- Q How do I make sure I don’t overdevelop one part of my body when exercising?
- Q How does exercise affect my joints?
- Q What is adaptive micro-trauma?
- Q How does exercise affect the body?