If you exercise three times a week for about 45 minutes each, you can reap the same emotional benefits as someone taking an antidepressant, researchers say. Walking, gardening, doing housework, and bicycling each release a lot of endorphins, or calming, mood-boosting hormones. So does laughter, looking at art and thinking positive thoughts.
- Q What should I do when I experience muscle fatigue when exercising?
- Q Why does my back hurt when doing twists?
- Q Why do I get headaches after exercising?
- Q Why do my feet go numb while using an exercise bike?
- Q Why do some people benefit more from resistance training than others?
- Q What is adaptive micro-trauma?