What’s the best time to do my workout?

I like to work out first thing in the morning, right when I wake up. Exercise boosts brain activity and metabolism and gives a jump-start to your day. That being said, getting your daily exercise in is what’s most important, so if the morning work-out doesn’t work for you, find a time that does and stick with it. If you’re not a morning person, try scheduling a daily workout in the late afternoon—the energy boost you get may help you get over that afternoon slump.

Stretching in the morning is especially important, which is why I start my morning with a 7-minute yoga routine. It loosens up my muscles, relieve stress, and gets my blood flowing so I start my morning feeling fresh. The problem with early morning workouts is that it’s hard to get motivated and out of bed, which is why I lay my yoga mat next to my bed every night. That way, I literally roll out of bed and start my workout. And since it’s only 7 minutes, by the time I start, I’m almost done and can’t back out. It’s a great way to start every morning, whether you’re priming yourself for a more intense cardio workout or just trying to get the day going.

The best time to exercise is specific to your own schedule. Some people exercise in the morning so they can get it out of the way immediately. Early morning exercisers do not have to worry about unexpected schedule changes such as work meetings. Evening exercises may feel more energized later in the day and use their workout as a form of stress reduction after a long day at work or school. Pick a time that is most conducive to your schedule and most importantly, stick to it.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a draw-in with leg-slide lying on my back?
Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Breathe normal...
How do I do a Front Step-up, Balance to Overhead Press with 2-Arms?
Stand in front of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold ...
Why Should I Consult My Doctor Before Starting an Exercise Program?