What is an exercise to strengthen my wrists so that I can turn a door knob?

Edward Phillips
Physical Therapy
Here's how to do the palm up, palm down exercise to strengthen wrists:

Reps: 10
Sets: 1-3
Intensity: Light
Tempo: 3-1-3
Rest: 30-90 seconds between sets

Starting position: Sit in a chair holding a 1-pound weight in each hand with your elbows slightly bent and your palms facing the floor. Your wrists should be neutral.

Movement: Slowly turn your hands over until your palm faces the ceiling. Pause, then slowly return to the starting position.

Tips and techniques:
  • Maintain neutral posture with your shoulders down and back.
  • Keep your wrists neutral throughout the movement.
  • Breathe comfortably.
Too hard? Use lighter weights or no weights.

Too easy? Use heavier weights.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.